- The Roof Improvement Works will begin, providing better insulation and increased safety with the installation of new Automatic Opening Vents (AOV’s).
- A lighting pilot will be launched in Testerton Walk to trial different lighting options for the Walkways. These pilots help LWNT find the most efficient lighting solution for your block, keeping energy usage low and costs down.
- 98 solar panels are being installed on Camelford Court. These will produce green electricity, saving money 15,299KG of CO2 from going into the atmosphere every year.
- Phase 3 of the co-design process is underway, allowing residents to share give their feedback on the final detailed designs of their home and block.
- A video door entry system will be installed in Talbot Grove House, increasing the safety and security for the residents who live in this block.
- Phase 2 of the co-design process will start. Residents will have the opportunity to provide their feedback on elements of the refurbishment, such as window types and external finishes.
- The first phase of construction works has started on the whole-block refurbishment of Treadgold House.
- Residents of Camborne Mews will be invited to participate in Phase 2 of the co-design process, Emerging preferences, and choices. They will have the opportunity to give their feedback on various design elements for their block.
- The co-designed Verity Close Garden of Life was completed, providing a green space for Verity residents and delivering 10% increase in biodiversity featuring an intergenerational energy-gym, edible plants and play equipment for all ages.
- Works on a pilot property are due to start later this year, allowing LWNT to trial different measures that will inform the refurbishment designs.
- Across Lancaster West, LWNT are continuing with the internal refurbishment works, with 50% of homes fully refurbished so far.
All these developments are part of a commitment to create a 21st century model estate that is carbon-neutral by 2030.