About the Lancaster West Community Fund
Through the refurbishment of the Lancaster West Estate, our partner organisations have committed to invest in the estate they are working on. Karakusevic Carson Architects (KCA), one of the design teams for the estate, have set up £50,000 The Lancaster West Community Fund in partnership with Lancaster West Neighbourhood Team (LWNT), and the Lancaster West Residents Association (LWRA).
Beyond The Box worked with LWNT, LWRA and KCA to explore how residents of Lancaster West Estate would like to see the new fund used to benefit residents. Throughout April and May 2021 we engaged with our residents to generate ideas about how the Lancaster West Community Fund should be invested.
The Lancaster West Community Fund is to be used to run projects that primarily benefit the residents living on the Lancaster West Estate in at least one of the following priority areas:
- Green & Outdoor Spaces: Includes gardening, planting and landscape projects, seating and picnic areas.
- Sports & Fitness: Includes more accessible sports and fitness opportunities, outside gym & support for local sports clubs and teams.
- Connecting with our Community: Includes a wide range of community activities, from arts and crafts to cooking, day trips and music programmes.
- Skills & Training: Includes digital skills training, start-up business support, job opportunities and skills building.
- Engaging Young People: Includes after school clubs, summer programmes, creative projects and activities for older teens.
Throughout July, the Lancaster West Community Fund was open for applications from individual residents of the Lancaster West Estate, as well as organisations who have a history of working with residents of the estate.
In August, the Lancaster West Community Fund Decision Making Panel met to review the applications and make their decision as to who would receive funding. More information as to the successful projects can be found below.
For more information on the Lancaster West Community Fund, refer to the key documents below.